LOCAL RULES AND CONDITIONS OF COMPETITION FOR THE SOUTHERN NEVADA JUNIOR GOLF EVENTS
The Rules of Golf govern play. See applicable competition’s Notice to Players for additional Local Rules and Conditions. Complete text of Rules and Appendix I may be found in the current Rules of Golf. Unless otherwise noted, the penalty for breach of a Local Rule or Condition is:
Match Play-Loss of Hole and Stroke Play-Two Strokes.
LOCAL RULES ON SCORECARD ARE NOT IN EFFECT.
OUT OF BOUNDS-Defined by inside points at ground level, of large white stakes and fence posts. Rule 27-1. A ball which crosses a public road defined as out of bounds and comes to rest beyond that road is out of bounds, even though it may lie on another part of the course.
WATER AND LATERAL WATER HAZARDS STAKES AND LINES
- Water hazards are defined by yellow stakes or yellow lines. Rule 26-1.
- Lateral Water hazards are defined by red stakes or red lines. Rule 26-1.
- When both stakes and lines are used to define water and lateral water hazards, stakes identify hazards and lines define margins.
- When a lateral water hazard is defined on only one side, it is deemed to extend to infinity.
- When water hazards and lateral water hazards are bounded by out of bounds, the hazard margin extends to and coincides with the out of bounds line.
GROUND UNDER REPAIR
- Defined by white lines. French drains are deemed to be ground under repair. Rule 25-1
EMBEDDED BALL THROUGH THE GREEN
- Local Rule as prescribed in Appendix I shall be in effect.
INTEGRAL PARTS OF THE COURSE
- Includes cables, rods, wires or wrappings when closely attached to trees; and artificial walls and pilings when located in hazards, unless otherwise provided for in Notice to Competitors.
STONES IN BUNKERS
- Are movable obstructions.
- Local Rule as prescribed in Appendix I is in effect.
SEAMS OF CUT TURF
- The Local Rule as prescribed in Appendix I is in effect.
WHITE LINED AREAS TYING INTO ARTIFICIALLY SURFACED ROADS AND PATHS
- Have the same status as the roads and paths, that of obstructions.
DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES
- The Local Rule allowing players to use a device to measure or gauge distance only has been adopted.
BALL AT REST ON GREEN MOVES
- When a player’s ball lies on the putting green, there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, her partner, her opponent, or any of their caddies or equipment. The moved ball or ball-marker must be replaced as provided in Rule 18-2. This Local Rule only applies when the player’s ball or ball-marker lies on the putting green and any movement is accidental. If it is determined that a player’s ball on the putting green was moved as a result of wind, water or some other natural cause such as the effects of gravity, the ball must be played as it lies from its new location.
- LIST OF CONFORMING DRIVER HEADS: Optional Condition as prescribed in Appendix 1 is in effect.
- LIST OF CONFORMING GOLF BALLS: Optional
- Condition as prescribed in Appendix 1 is in effect.
- CELL PHONES: Must be turned off on the course unless they are being used for an emergency or as a distance measuring device. A player abusing the cell phone policy may be subject to disqualification.
- PACE OF PLAY: See Pace of Play guidelines at starter’s table. All players will be required to play within the parameters of these guidelines.
SUSPENSION OF PLAY
- Discontinue Play Immediately: One prolonged signal note
- Discontinue Play: Three consecutive short signal notes.
- Resume Play: Two short signal notes.
CLOSE OF COMPETITION
The competition shall be deemed to have closed when the trophy has been presented to the winner or, in the absence of a prize ceremony, when all scores have been approved by the Committee.